[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thepodcasterlab/29_How_Many_Podcast_Downloads_Does_a_Potential_Social_Reach_of_600K_People_Lead_to__My_Podcast_Launch_Experiment.mp3″ title=”TPL 029: How Many Podcast Downloads Does a Potential Social Reach of 600K People Lead to? (My Podcast Launch Experiment)” artist=”Yann ilunga” image=”https://yannilunga.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/The-Podcaster-Lab-artwork-2000.jpg” color=”#00ffc3″ background=”#00d1b8″ social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” tweet_text=”Learn what a potential social reach of over 600K people did in my podcast launch experiment” hashtag=”podcasting, #experiment” twitter_username=”theyannilunga” ]
A while ago, I ran a podcast launch experiment.
When launching The Podcaster Lab, I tested a few things to see what a potential social reach of over 600,000 people would translate into in terms of podcast downloads.
I shut down all of my podcast marketing channels and created a campaign using a platform called Thunderclap.
On launch day, the show had a potential social reach of 685,102 people.
Curious to hear about the results of the podcast launch experiment?
Tune in to this episode to find out!
In This Episode, You'll Hear About
Quick note about the timestamps below: in order for the timestamps to work properly, click Play on the player FIRST. Then, click on the specific timestamp.
- A myth related to podcast marketing [spp-timestamp time=”1:51″]
- How you should approach your podcast, interviewing guests and the marketing of your show [spp-timestamp time=”4:46″]
- The podcast launch experiment I ran [spp-timestamp time=”5:44″]
- The average number of downloads a podcast episode gets in its first 30 days (according to Libsyn's Rob Walch) [spp-timestamp time=”7:19″]
- The breakdown of the podcast launch experiment [spp-timestamp time=”8:24″]
- What a potential social reach of 685,102 people translated into in terms of podcast downloads [spp-timestamp time=”12:21″]
- What you can learn from my podcast launch experiment [spp-timestamp time=”14:32″]
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Podcast Growth Mastermind (click to join now!)
- Libsyn (use the promo code YANN at checkout to get your first month of hosting FREE!)
- episode sound effects by AudioJungle, Freesound.org, Anchor.fm, YouTube royalty-free Audio Library
The Podcaster Lab Archive
[smart_podcast_player url=”http://thepodcasterlab.libsyn.com/rss” style=”light” show_name=”The Podcaster Lab: Advice, Strategies and Podcasting Experiments” color=”#00d1b8″ social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” tweet_text=”Here's a new way to learn how to podcast ????” hashtag=”podcasting, #podcast” twitter_username=”theyannilunga” ]